What regulations am I required to meet if I have a pool on my property?


There’s been a lot of changes around pools in the recent years. Firstly, your pool needs to be registered. So the government needs to know that you actually have a pool. Secondly, you have to either have the certificate of compliance or certificate of noncompliance. Compliance means it’s met certain regulation. If you cannot achieve that through a private certifier or counsel, you can also get a noncompliant certificate, which means the obligations of works is then passed onto the next purchaser, and they’ll have a 90 day period to remedy those actual works to gain the certificate of compliance.

Share this article