When should I purchase insurance for my property?


When you purchase a new home, you need to consider insurance. Now, speak to your solicitor and your insurance advisor, but under the contract in New South Wales you rely on the vendor to have the property insured. And I always advise purchasers take out your own insurance policy from Exchange, which will cover you all the way through. That includes the full home and protects you against any events in the case that the vendor hasn’t got the property insured.


Share this article