Address available upon request
Overlooking the glorious valley of Wildes Meadow in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales South Hill farm with its rich red volcanic soils, spring- fed wildlife refuges and tracts of virgin rainforest, has been regeneratively farmed as a boutique 'paddock to plate' enterprise since 1996 .
Featured in 'The Ethical Omnivore', Dalrymple and Hilliard's critically acclaimed book on ethical farming, South Hill's 22 hectares have been nurtured holistically for the past 25 years.
A completely secluded residence features timber-lined cathedral ceilings with magnificent valley or garden views from every room.
– Timber floors throughout. Fully insulated.
– Off-peak electric heating banks.
– 4 bedrooms all with floor to ceiling mirrored robes
– Master with luxury ensuite and spa bath
– Formal dining adjoins lounge, featuring Lopi wood fire with thermal mass,
– Bathurst slate, floor to ceiling surround.
– Spacious north facing sunroom flows to a chef's-delight, farm-style kitchen, granite bench tops, Miele appliances and generous walk-in larder.
– Mudroom with large indoor dog enclosure and central draining grate for hose cleanout, access to washup sink and toilet
– Attached 2 car garage.
– Separate studio, perfect for Airbnb, long term rental, in law or staff accommodation.
– Generator power points in main house
– Rainwater to house
– Access to town water
– 3-phase power available.
– Double storey 21/2 bay machinery shed.
– Wood shed and fox proof chicken shed.
– 4 pen cattle yards with race and soft-handling crush and headbale.
– Loading stockyards with all-weather cattle road access from Wildes Meadow Rd
– Potential for 25 breeders
– 19 semi-permanent electric fenced paddocks (Gallagher MBX1500 energizer), all with tree shelter
– 10 megalitre irrigation bore licence
– 108 metre deep bore
– Computer operated soft start to bore pump.
– 25,000 litre water tank gravity feeds to taps in all 19 paddocks and house garden.
– All irrigation pipes buried
– Can be used for bushfire protection.
– Irrigator take-off junctions in every paddock for water driven travelling irrigator
– Soil tests taken frequently since 1996.
– Last, June 2021 showing organic carbon 3.29 and PH 6.9
– All records of soil inputs available.
– Pasture mixed perennials and annuals with some native species
– No herbicides or pesticides ever used.
– Rainfall records available from 2006.
– More than 2000 trees planted for biodiversity
RJ Mackey Real Estate
0418 451 988
For more information or to arrange an exclusive viewing of this very special property, please contact Sarah Burke on 0404 377 491 or Judy Fisk on 0418 451 988.
This property is available for private viewing, and may also be available via digital inspection to keep in line with the current government regulations.
All in-person viewings will be between the agent, and one additional person. All necessary measures have been put in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of all parties. Please contact the listing agent for more information.