27 Bundaroo Street, Bowral
Built in 1919 for a returning WWI soldier by renowned local builder Alf Stephens, this quintessential old Bowral home is nestled on a rare two title holding amongst its original plantings of cool climate trees and shrubs.
Offered for the first time in forty-five years and, during this time, lovingly maintained to retain many of its original characteristics and features, 'St Chads' is ready for the next custodian who is looking for a home of character and heritage yet requiring multiple living and bedroom options, updated features and an enchanting established garden to potter in, all within a walk-to-town, old Bowral location.
Double brick and stucco plus double brick interiors, original timber floorboards, high ceilings, ornate architraves, skirts and cabinetry plus aged glass bay windows, this well-established residence is a stone's throw along paved footpaths from Bowral's cafes, boutiques and shopping precincts.
Approached from its gravel and paved driveway to a broad north-facing front porch enter through glass French doors to the living room and snug library with slow combustion fire and bookcase. A conservatory-style dining room with open fireplace commands the north position and looks out to the garden.
The country-style kitchen has a fabulous gas Capitol cooktop and gas oven, marble benchtops, twin sink, walk-in pantry and has room for a breakfast table.
– Three-four bedrooms plus study, two updated bathrooms in main house, walk in dressing room and original built in 'robes.
– Separate, character self-contained cottage with kitchenette and ensuite, currently used as a popular bed and breakfast
– Gas central heating throughout, plus slow combustion fire in library and gas outlets in living
– Stunning north eastern, enclosed veranda morning-room
– Internal laundry
– Fenced back garden with two sheds
– Established hedging and leafy, sun-trap garden 'rooms'
– Off-street parking for two-three cars
This property is scheduled to go to Auction onsite. Registered bidders will be given priority to attend the auction before spectators due to social distancing requirements. If you intend on registering, please contact the agent to discuss proceedings.
This property is available for viewing by either attending the scheduled open homes or by private viewing should this be your preference. All necessary measures have been put in place to adhere to the recent Government regulation and to protect the health and safety of all parties. For more information please contact the listing agent.