Address available upon request
Completely private and secluded, arrive at this majestic, early twentieth century solid brick home to sweeping velvet green lawns, beautifully tended and gnarled century-old fruit trees and deciduous blossoms. Facing due north this magical park-like estate is an exquisite example of an early Southern Highlands country residence.
Built in a time of opulent balls and garden parties, Kiamala has retained many features reflecting bygone times with soaring, exposed timber-beam twelve-foot ceilings, ornate lead light windows, generously proportioned rooms and maid’s quarters.
Superb north-facing master bedroom, formal dining and formal lounge with bay window seats and views out to stunning garden. There are two further bedrooms and two bathrooms in the main home plus the central, sandstone laid kitchen, casual meals and sunken family lounge with slow-combustion fire. A discreet household service room or butler’s pantry retains the classic features typical of the 1920s and 30s.
The separate self-contained, one bedroom ‘staff’ quarters has a cosy, north-facing sunroom, kitchenette and new bathroom. Adjoining is an additional second kitchen facility and toilet ideal for servicing the al fresco terrace. The near-new kitchen is central to the home and features Caesarstone benchtops, gas cooking and rangehood.
– Conservatory-style family meals area with double glass French doors and Bundanoon sandstone floor
– Broad, timber-floored entry foyer flows to stunning formal lounge and dining
– Original fittings with classically upgraded utilities
– Al fresco dining terrace with brick fireplace and nearby second kitchen facility
– Drive-around white gravel driveway
– Two lock up garages with original timber doors
– Stone terracing
– Zones gas central heating, air conditioning
-Two instantaneous gas hot water systems