Address available upon request
“Narran” presents not only an extremely comfortable and well-located residence but a stylish work from home opportunity, with state-of-the-art technology in place plus an annexed, character-filled double-brick cottage for significant proven income producing short-term rental.
Nestled into over an acre of prime Burradoo real estate close to the Burradoo bike track, well-regarded schools, the Burradoo Railway station and hidden down a picturesque pebbled drive amongst mature cool-climate trees and plantings “Narran” exudes the charm and prestige much-desired in a Southern Highlands estate.
Under the same roof but in two completely separate wings with independent entrances, the main home and double storey cottage herald from different eras yet each has retained a central character of days gone by with ultra-modern facilities mixing with original character features.
Enter the main home through glass panelled French doors to the original sweeping timber staircase and a cavernous formal lounge with Cheminee Philippe fireplace and dining area. A true chef's kitchen awaits with a bay window morning bench, sleek Dekton-topped island, V-Zug 'space-age' induction cooktop, Subzero integrated fridge and two Wolf ovens. A pure culinary delight.
Double glazing or 'comfort glass' throughout with multiple doors through to the extensive gardens. Upstairs, two bedrooms including main with built-in' robe and bathroom. Downstairs, two additional generous and bright bedrooms, with one currently used as a light-filled office, as well as bathroom with bath which opens directly to the 13metre saltwater outdoor swimming pool – straight from pool to shower.
Trellised roses and low buxus hedges welcome you via a separate entrance to the original 1934 built double-brick, double storey cottage which has been sympathetically updated to compliment the finishes and designs characteristic of this by-gone era with new bathrooms, modern kitchen and appliances and distinctive lighting to create a warm and inviting home on its own. Separate lounge and dining rooms, two bedrooms, bathroom with bath upstairs, downstairs powder room plus a sunny snug leading out to a north-facing Juliette balcony.
In the grounds the original 1930s stables now accommodate garden equipment and storage plus the expansive four-plus car garage with two remote controlled doors has additional office space available and opens out to the adjacent pebbled bocce court.
– 13 metre saltwater swimming pool
– Security gates
– Limestone tiled terraces
– Enormous identified cool-climate feature trees
Main home –
– Underfloor hydronic heating in many areas, zoned air-conditioning
– Industrial 'ubiquitous wifi mesh' internet throughout
– Superior kitchen fixtures and cabinetry
– Newly carpeted bedrooms
– Travertine tiles, oak timber floorboards
– Newly renovated bathrooms with separate bath and shower
– Heated towel rails and underfloor heating in all bathrooms
– Stunning floor to ceiling French doors in main living
– French-inspired light fittings
Original 1934 cottage –
– Gas hydronic heating downstairs, zoned air conditioning upstairs
– Double-brick construction
– Downstairs powder room and European-style laundry cupboard
– Heated towel rails and underfloor heating in bathroom
– Modern kitchen with original AGA stove plus gas cooktop and electric oven, dishwasher, rangehood
– Oak timber floorboards, high skirts throughout