237 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
One of the few remaining Queen Anne style homes in the area, this majestic double brick Federation residence rests on a spectacular 1,364sqm level landholding bordered by beautifully landscaped gardens.
The original holiday estate of the Summers family – a prominent city lawyer – the current owners have sympathetically restored the lavish double storey property to its former glory whilst fusing sophisticated contemporary updates for today's busy modern lifestyle.
Filled with stunning original architectural details including leadlight windows, shingled gables, turned wooden verandah posts and a complex slate roof, a multitude of large sash windows and French doors flood the home with natural light.
Showcasing a glorious array of grand entertaining areas and six wonderfully oversized bedrooms with soaring high ceilings rarely found in contemporary builds, it represents a truly unique opportunity in the heart of Hornsby.
Steeped in historical significance complete with the original servants bell system, genuine butler's pantry, monochromatic laundry, fireplaces, deep architraves and decorative ceiling rosettes, the home is perfectly orientated to the northeast, with wraparound verandahs providing shade in the summer months.
A cherished home of grandeur and stately elegance catered for growing and extended families, this world-away-from-everything estate is accessed via Roper Lane and is walking distance to the train station, the area's bustling retail precinct and within the coveted Hornsby North Public School catchment.
– Wide entry foyer with wood fireplace, timber fretwork and leadlight door
– Inviting formal lounge, family living plus an elegant formal dining room
– Modern CaesarStone gas kitchen with shaker doors and soft-close cabinetry
– Oversized bedrooms includes the choice of two enormous master suites
– Northerly paved alfresco terrace wrapped by established private gardens
– Wraparound verandah, child-friendly level lawns and manicured hedging
– Deluxe floor-to-ceiling tiled bathrooms, master suite with heated floors
– Clawfoot bathtub/rainshower. Original laundry with concrete washtubs
– Polished original wide Kauri pine floors, ceiling rosettes and fireplaces
– Original servants quarters now ideal as a guest/in-law or teenage wing
– Lock-up garage plus abundant off-street parking accessed via Roper Lane
– Walk to buses, station, & Westfield Hornsby. Close to leading schools