36 Victoria Street, McMahons Point
Imbued with historical significance, the beautiful ‘susannah blue’ c1834 provides a rare opportunity to own a beautifully conserved share of McMahons Point’s earliest settlement. This Victorian Georgian sandstone cottage was part of an 80 acre allotment granted by Governor Macquarie to Billy Blue who established the first ferry service across the harbour. The land was subsequently bequeathed to his daughter, Susannah.
It now features a modern expansion by architects Armitage & Johannsen which is considered one of the best examples of integrating contemporary and heritage architecture. A heightened sense of light and space is created by lofty high ceilings and vast glass panels which open seamlessly onto a wraparound deck immersed in the privacy of established garden surrounds. Rare for this area, there’s also parking for two cars, with a secure garage plus additional car space.
Positioned on a north facing rear 508sqm parcel, this iconic home will have you on Blues Point Road in footsteps. Take a stroll to the harbour, commute to the city in minutes by ferry, bus, train and enjoy the parks nearby. A great lifestyle for all ages.
– Enjoy the capacious open living domain while luxuriating in the warmth of gas fireplaces
– Opportunity to develop with DA approval to create two Torrens title independent dwellings
– Stainless kitchen equipped with five burner gas cooktop flows onto wraparound timber deck
– Option to utilise cottage as home office, rental accommodation or parent/teenagers retreat
– Three bedrooms in the main residence, two opening onto private verandahs whilst the lower bedroom opens onto the courtgarden. Two bedrooms and a study in the cottage
– The property offers options for every style of living and work
Walk to abundant cafés and restaurants in the heart of McMahons Point and North Sydney
– Schools, hospitals, Sydney Metro line and more at your fingertips
– Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it yours. A signature home in the heart of a beautiful village and within walking distance to everything the City of Sydney has to offer
This property is scheduled to go to Auction privately onsite. Only registered bidders are to participate either in-person or through our online Auction platform where you can bid and or watch the Auction. If you intend on registering, please contact the agent to discuss proceedings.