98-100 Mittagong Road, Bowral
A triumph of old meets new beckons with this c1893 residence, its timeless heritage charm uniting effortlessly with the modern comforts that today's families desire. Originally built as two semi-detached houses, a 2018 renovation saw the two become one, delivering a considered awakening of its rich history.
Exquisite original Trachyte stone quarried from Mt Gibraltar retains its prominence throughout the front of the home, along with gorgeous Kaori pine floors, also dating back to the home's beginnings. Soaring ceilings (3.2m and 3.9m) and traditional elements abound, with features such as ornate ceiling roses, deep skirtings, leadlight accents, decorative cornices and exposed stonework and more, all celebrated here.
Placed on a sloping land parcel of approximately 1800sqm, a separate studio offers potential for any number of possibilities (STCA), while the versatility in the home's generous configuration also presents opportunities for both families and investors alike.
– Formal lounge and dining room will be at the center of many memorable dinner parties and occasions
– Impressive kitchen and family living room notes a subtle industrial vibe which blends flawlessly with the backdrop of exposed brick and stone walls
– Kitchen features a deluxe Falcon gas cooker, huge central island with a spotted gum top, integrated dishwasher and a twin farmhouse sink
– Six well-proportioned bedrooms allow invaluable versatility and ample accommodation
– Two beautifully ambient slow-combustion fireplaces are joined by classic but non-functioning fireplaces in each bedroom
– Two sky-lit bathrooms on either side of the home have contrasting yet equally elegant styles
– North facing paved courtyard is perfect for alfresco entertaining by day and cosying up by the firepit at night
– Large separate studio is powered and plumbed and is an ideal home office, creative space or even 1-bedroom accommodation (STCA)
– Industrial quality ducted heating and cooling offers wireless capabilities and superior effectiveness
– U-shaped driveway embraces the home and provides parking for up to 6 cars
– Prominent Old Bowral locale, within an easy walk to town and an array of
leisure and lifestyle amenities
This property is available for private viewing, and may also be available via digital inspection to keep in line with the current government regulations. This property is scheduled to go to auction and will be live-streamed on Zoom. Interested parties are able to view and bid through this platform. If you intend on registering for this auction please contact the listing agent to discuss proceedings.
All in-person viewings will be between the agent, and one additional person. All necessary measures have been put in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of all parties. Please contact the listing agent for more information.