10 Cowper Street, Goulburn
A rare offering, on a majestic 2,701sqm (approx.) landholding on three titles, ‘Ardgowan’ c1858 presents a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy one of Goulburn’s most historic and beautiful homesteads. Rarely seen in today’s market, the homestead maintains many of its original features. Meticulously restored for easy family living and relaxed indoor/outdoor entertaining, it combines elegant character with contemporary style across a flowing level layout. Highlights include, DA approved for two additional blocks, multiple dwellings and formal and casual spaces this precious heirloom is ready to further capitalise on or simply be enjoyed. Immerse yourself in the history of this rare, classic property and be impressed with its private and picturesque surrounds.
– Late Georgian style home built by Mr John James Woodward in 1858, designed by architect James Sinclair
– 2.6m wide verandah fronting the home
– 14ft ceilings adorn all the formal rooms as do the wide Australian cedar timber floors
– Welcoming, grand hallway, opulent ballroom, features French windows and open fire place
– Formal sitting room with open fire, casual lounge off the kitchen
– Master suite with ensuite and walk-in robe
– Beautifully renovated kitchen with slow combustion wood fire, two stainless steel ovens, butler’s pantry, hardwood timber bench tops, large induction stove
– 5 bedrooms including a separate wing with own bathroom and lounge, still containing the original hearth and bakers oven, study and sunroom
– 3 updated bathrooms, laundry, 6 working fireplaces
– Enjoying an elevated position with separate entry
– Renovated, self-contained accommodation featuring two bedrooms, bathroom, open plan kitchen and lounge (the stables were completely rebuilt with all new carpets, wiring, plumbing, etc)
– 15m x 9m garage that could easily be combined to create a larger residence for the Stables.
– Perfect for additional income or guest accommodation
– Opportunity to create three separated titles on this property. The house block 1280sqm, stable block 701sqm and vacant 721sqm land
– Circular driveway
– Original Gaol cell that remains under the front of the house that original housed the convict labour and still houses the original spring fed well.
Only 45 minutes from The Southern Highlands and one hour to Canberra.
Historic properties such as this are a rare find, don’t miss the opportunity to fall in love with “Ardgowan”.